Mr. Lefever investigated, documented, planned, and managed the exterior and interior restoration and furnishing of the 1874 Cappon House Museum, and the 1867 Settlers House Museum, both in Holland, Michigan. He also oversaw the conversion of a historic barn on the Cappon property into a museum visitor center. The project recreated the appearance of the Settlers House to the year 1871 and the Cappon House to the year 1900. The latter included the reconstruction of a kitchen wing and porches, and the reproduction of original millwork, finishes, wallpapers, carpets, linoleum, upholstery fabrics. Both houses were furnished based on inventories and documentation: the Settlers House with appropriate museum collections objects, and the Cappon House with 80% of its original contents, augmented with select objects to replace missing but documented objects.